Several major UK retailers are recalling a number of chilled and frozen seafood products because of possible contamination with salmonella.
Supermarkets Sainsbury’s, Asda, Co-op and Waitrose are among those recalling 12 items, including chilled and frozen mussels, cockles and seafood selections, according to the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA).
Point of sale notices explaining to customers why the products are being recalled and telling them what to do if they have bought them are being displayed in all retail stores carrying the items, FSA said.
The products include:
- by Sainsbury’s Mussels (Chilled)
- by Sainsbury’s Cockles (Chilled)
- Co-op Cooked Mussels (Chilled)
- Asda Seafood Selection (Mussels, seafood bites and king prawns) (Chilled)
- Asda Cooked Mussels (Chilled)
- by Sainsbury’s Seafood Selection (Chilled)
- by Sainsbury’s Cooked Cockles (Frozen)
- by Sainsbury’s Cooked Mussels (Frozen)
- by Sainsbury’s Seafood Selection (Frozen)
- Waitrose & Partners Essential Frozen Seafood Selection, (King prawns, mussels and squid rings) (Frozen)
- Co-op Cooked Seafood Selection (Frozen)
- Waitrose & Partners Essential Cooked Seafood Selection, (Mussels, king prawns and squid) (Chilled)