Spanish indoor shrimp farmer Noray has appointed Benjamin Ajo as its new CEO.
Ajo joins the Valladolid, Spain-based firm from Swedish RAS salmon producer Re:ocean, where he was chief commercial officer on a part-time basis.
He steps into the role vacated after 15 years by co-founder Bjorn Aspheim, with the aim of consolidating the company's expansion plans.
His previous experience includes nearly nine years with Swedish seafood group Insula in various senior executive roles and eight years working in export and seafood at Broderna Hannsons, Gothenburg, including as managing director of Blue North Seafood .
He is also chairman of the board at Swedish foodtech pioneer Kobb, which cultivates and refines seaweed for healthcare, skincare and food industry customers.
- Indoor shrimp farming sector in China 'booming' as Tongwei alone plans 1 million metric tons of production from new RAS farm
- Low shrimp prices drive massive growth ambitions for Venezuela's largest shrimp producer
- ‘We are starting to see things come back to life’: US shrimp importers cautiously optimistic after imports sink 18% in first half of 2023
- Small-scale Indian shrimp farmers look to technology to tackle expensive, unreliable electricity supply
- Black tiger shrimp farmer Bangladesh looks to jump on vannamei bandwagon