US tilapia producer Regal Springs has appointed Laurent Develle as executive vice president, group general counsel and head of corporate affairs and sustainability.
This follows the decision of Peter Hajipieris to leave the company next month for family reasons.
Hajipieris joined Regal Springs in 2017 from Nomad Foods Europe where he was group CSR & external affairs director, and prior to that chief technical, sustainability & external affairs officer at Iglo Foods Group, where he led international brand fisheries and food standards and integrated sustainability programs.
Prior to these roles, Hajipieris held cross category commercial and operational roles in technical, quality assurance and sustainability at Tesco Stores and Sainsbury’s Supermarkets in the UK.
Develle is a seasoned business and environmental lawyer with experience across several industries and geographical regions.
He has lived and worked in Canada, France, Luxemburg, Japan and Switzerland, serving as Group General Counsel and Compliance Officer in organizations such as Areva T&D, Millicom International Cellular and Louis Dreyfus.
In recent years, Develle has focused his law activities on sustainability, particularly in the area of farming, agricultural commodities and food processing, as well as seafood and aquaculture investments.
- Brazilian tilapia farmer invests $20 million as part of ambitious plan to double production by 2024
- 'It's going to be a better year': Returning demand lifts Brazil seafood processors
- Aquaculture feed price rises are 'inevitable' as raw material costs soar
- 'Shipping companies are killing us': The explosion in logistics costs won't end anytime soon for seafood
- Brazil tilapia farmers demand tax suspensions to combat surging feed ingredient costs