Jacqueline Claudia, CEO at LoveTheWild, will join a high-profile lineup of speakers at IntraFish's inaugural Women in Seafood Leadership Summit, to be held in downtown Seattle on June 6.
Claudia will share the journey from how the frozen start-up LoveTheWild went from an idea to an investment from Leonardo diCaprio.
With a marketing background, Claudia jump-started her own seafood company with a very consumer-facing mission to communicate seafood's sustainability, simplicity and ease of preparation through a range of frozen, sustainable ready-to-cook seafood products.
The IntraFishWomen in Seafood Leadership Summit, with the support of Trident Seafoods and the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI), as well as with Kuhlbarra Barramundi, will convene more than 100 global seafood leaders to help create a network of female leaders in the industry and to have a frank and honest discussions about how to bring more women into the sector.
The other speakers joining Claudia include:
- Torunn Knoph Halhjem, senior director of global species,Trident Seafoods;
- Carrie Brownstein, global seafood quality standards coordinator, Whole Foods Markets
- Libby Woodhatch, head of advocacy, SeaFish;
- Hannah Lindoff, international program director, and Alexa Tonkovich, executive director, ASMI;
- Daniela Klimsova, director of business development and marketing, Icicle Seafoods; and
- Magdalena Lamprecht Wallhoff, former executive VP of global sales at Regal Springs.
The event is held during the same week as the SeaWeb Seafood Summit, the world's leading sustainable seafood event.
For more information on the event and to request a seat, visit www.intrafishevents.com/womeninseafood.
For more seafood news and updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter or sign up for our daily newsletter.