Icicle Seafoods Director of Business Development and Marketing Daniela Klimsova is among an incredible list of speakers at IntraFish's inaugural Women in Seafood Leadership Summit, to be held in downtown Seattle on June 6, during the week of the SeaWeb Seafood Summit, the world's leading sustainable seafood event.
Klimsova, who focuses on Icicle's strategic programs, will share her views on the unique challenges of being a woman in the seafood industry, and some of the keys for success.
Klimsova started her career managing QC labs in sugar and confectionery manufacturing and then took a detour to consulting and telecommunication.
Prior to joining Icicle, Klimsova worked at Tunaycha, a vertically integrated Russian seafood company. Her roles there spanned global corporate strategy, procurement, business development and operations in the Far Eastern and Barents Sea fisheries.
Icicle Seafoods is one of the country's biggest wild salmon and Alaska pollock catchers and processors. Last year, Cooke Aquaculture snapped up the Seattle-based firm, bringing an additional 150,000 metric tons of seafood to its operations.
The IntraFishWomen in Seafood Leadership Summit, with the support of Trident Seafoods and the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI), will convene more than 100 global seafood leaders to help create a network of female leaders in the industry and to have a frank and honest discussions about how to bring more women into the sector.
The other speakers joining Klimsova include:
- Torunn Knoph Halhjem, senior director of global species,Trident Seafoods;
- Carrie Brownstein, global seafood quality standards coordinator, Whole Foods Markets
- Libby Woodhatch, head of advocacy, SeaFish;
- Hannah Lindoff, international program director, and Alexa Tonkovich, executive director, ASMI;
- Jacqueline Claudia, CEO, LoveTheWild; and
- Magdalena Lamprecht Wallhoff, former executive VP of global sales at Regal Springs.
For more information on the event and to request a seat, visit www.intrafishevents.com/womeninseafood.