Crew members aboard another groundfish vessel in Alaska tested positive for the COVID-19 virus over the weekend, according to an update from the City of Unalaska posted Dec. 7.

The news follows last week's announcement that almost the entire crew of a United States Seafoods’ vessel -- 24 out of 25 -- also tested positive for the virus.

The F/T Enterprise, a catcher-processor owned by O’Hara Corporation, arrived in Unalaska on Saturday, Dec. 5.

Staff from the local Iliuliuk Family and Health Services (IFHS) clinic tested all persons on board during the weekend after two crew members were found to be positive for COVID-19.

In total, nine of the 28 individuals on board received positive tests for COVID-19 and have been moved to isolation, said the statement. Contact tracing is now in progress.

"Fortunately, as of today, they are all doing well," it added.

The nine individuals that tested positive have been isolated onshore in Unalaska and planning is in process to move them closer to full service medical services.

The remaining crew with negative test results are being monitored in quarantine.

"The O'Hara Corporation is greatly concerned by the recent positive COVID test results on board the F/T Enterprise," the company said in a statement.

"Our primary concern is the health of our crew and preventing impacts to the community of Unalaska.

"We are working closely with the City of Unalaska and the State of Alaska in implementing our response plan; and would like to provide special thanks to all at the IFHS facility for their ongoing support and care for our crew. Our goal is to bring everyone home safe and healthy to their families for the Holiday season."

Meanwhile, the United States Seafoods’ trawler F/V Legacy remains in Unalaska.

U.S. Seafoods is coordinating the transport of crew members requiring services in Anchorage, and the remaining crew will stay on board.

"Because of severe weather in the Gulf of Alaska and out of concern for the health of the crew, the vessel plans to remain in port until the end of their isolation period," the City of Unalaska said in an update.