The owners of Scandic Pelagic, a company formed from a number of consolidations in the Scandinavian pelagic industry, have decided to split the group in two.

Prior to the decision, Danish processing giant FF Skagen owned 70 percent of Scandic Pelagic while West Coast Fish of Sweden -- Vastkustfisk SVC -- owned the remaining 30 percent.

FF Skagen will now take full ownership of the Danish operations while Vastkustfisk will take ownership of the Swedish assets.