NEWSSee all articles
IPNLF, GAA, Sea Pact make finalist list for Seafood Champion Awards
FishWise, Monterey Bay's Matt Beaudin and more were also finalists.
SeaWeb named Friday the 16 finalists for 2017 Seafood Champion Awards, which take place in June at the SeaWeb Seafood Summit in Seattle.
SeaWeb announces Seafood Champion winners
• Mariah Boyle, Traceability Division Director, FishWise
• Susi Pudjiastuti, Indonesia Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
• Sea Pact
• Wally Stevens, Executive Director, Global Aquaculture Alliance
Seafood Champion Award Finalists, Innovation: Identifies and applies creative new solutions to address ecological challenges, existing market needs, or barriers to sustainability.
• FISH-i Africa
• Alan Lovewell, Real Good Fish
• Pelagic Data Systems
• Karl Warr, Better Fishing Ltd.
Seafood Champion Award Finalists, Vision: Establishes a clear and compelling vision of the future that inspires positive change for sustainable seafood in technology, policy, products or markets, or conservation tools.
• Matt Beaudin, Monterey Bay Aquarium
• Global Ghost Gear Initiative
• Marine Research Foundation
• Bren Smith, Green Wave
Seafood Champion Award Finalists, Advocacy: Positively influences public policy, uses the media to raise the profile of sustainable seafood, or influences public discourse and engages key stakeholders by publicly championing advances in sustainable seafood.
• Ned Bell, Vancouver Aquarium
• International Pole & Line Foundation
• Bill Mook, Mook Sea Farm
• H.E. Dr. Caleb Otto, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Palau to the United Nations